September 21, 2006

Lisa De Witt Bombs A Temple

As part of her feeble attempt to distract people away from noticing her evil desires to wish death on Sai baba's critics, Lisa attempted to produce an old post of mine wherein I commented on the bombing of the Sivam temple at Hyderabad, India. This temple is one of Sai Baba's three ashrams apart from his usual haunts at Puttaparthi and Whitefield; Sathyam (Mumbai), Sivam (Hyderabad) and Sundaram (Chennai).

Here is my post in full context. I commented on the posting of Charlene Leslie-Chaden's experience at the ashram. Upon Charlene's mention of the Hyderabad bombing, I stated: "Yay! The SB temple got bombed! :) Whoopee!" After Lisa De Witt impotently threatened to report me to Indian intelligence services, I clarified my comments as follows:

"And damn right, I am so happy that SB temples are being bombed. This is SB's own karma coming back to him. What a great God he is, he couldn't even protect his own temple, what a magnificent avatar.

"I wonder if anyone actually died in the blast."

I'll be the first one to state that this was no less than a completely insensitive remark, born of my eagerness to denigrate Sai Baba and his luxurious properties around the country with gold bathroom fittings, chandeliers and all the rest of it. However, I do still believe that my remarks have immense theological significance on the question of Sai Baba's so-called omnipotence: When we constantly hear propaganda stories about how everything to do with Sai Baba is under his constant protection due to his being an Avatar (incarnation of God), we may be forgiven for experiencing extreme surprise at the fact that he couldn't even prevent one of his three big buildings from being attacked by terrorists!

Amazingly enough, Lisa De Witt twists my last sentence out of all proportion and holds it up as evidence of my making a death wish on Sai Baba devotees! Just to clarify, it was a simple and a sincere question because obviously I would not rejoice over the deaths of anybody including Sai Baba's devotees. Reading my comments in context, it is clear to see that the only thing I am being gleeful about is the bombing of the property itself, which is intricately tied up with the issue of Sai Baba's so-called omnipotence.

Talk about intellectual dishonesty! And the part about my alleged death wish is pure fantasy! This is a completely far cry from openly wishing death on Sai Baba's critics, terming them as cancerous growths, whores, retarded, barwhores, venereal diseases, wishing brain tumours upon them, even wanting to CASTRATE them, and much more utterly shocking statements of pure hatred.

Update September 21 04:00 -

Gerald Moreno (Lisa's comrade-in-arms) pointed out that the bombed temple was actually a temple for Shirdi Sai Baba and not Puttaparthi Sai Baba as assumed. As is typical of his own style of jumping to wild conclusions, he has claimed that former devotees (including myself) jumped on the "bandwagon" and rejoiced at the bombing of a Sai Baba temple while paying scant attention to which particular Sai Baba was involved. If he had even an ounce of intellectual honesty, he would take note of the original post of Charlene Leslie-Chaden's report (dated February 27, 2003 and originally sourced at Sai Maa Tripod) and how it did not specify which Baba was being spoken of.

Consequenty, to quote one of Moreno's fond phrases, the blame for this lies at Charlene's door.